Monday, February 14, 2011

Nosh This



If you read my first blog post, Chocolate Chip Cookies with Bits of Bacon you would have read about how I became addicted to a sweet treat called Bacon Crack made by Nosh This while I was in San Francisco.




I sent out a mass e-mail to all of my friends and family telling them about my blog. It was a happy accident when the e-mail also ended up going to Nosh This! I received an e-mail straight away from Kai Kronfield, the creator extraordinaire of Nosh This! He apologized profusely for missing the e-mail I sent back in November and wrote  "I would love to get you some crack". I was overjoyed (and salivating) at the thought of  being reunited with some Bacon Crack.  Kai also mentioned that he had a new creation (!!) called Chocolate-Dipped Black Pepper Salted Caramels which Kai described as "freakin' delicious"! How could I not try them! I ordered some Bacon Crack, Peppery Caramels and some Rocky Road.  

A priority box arrived two days later. The chocolates were perfectly preserved from the cold, Boston weather. I quickly opened the box and tried the Bacon Crack. It was just as I had remembered it. Sweet, salty, crunchy, chocolaty goodness! Then the real surprise came when I opened the caramels. Words cannot describe how perfect these caramels are.  There is a delightful kick of pepper along with the sweet, buttery saltiness you typically taste with a really good caramel. The perfect ratio of chocolate and caramel. A nice zing to the taste buds and a brilliant concoction! I then dug into the 'Mile High' Rocky Road as I like to call it! The puffiness of the marshmallow is nice with the walnuts and dark chocolate. Simple and not too sweet. Kai makes his own marshmallow without eggs. He said that he just starting to make marshmallow with bourbon. Looks like I'll be ordering more from Nosh This in the not-so-distant future! Bourbon. Mmmmm. Kai also makes Mint Juleps on a Stick which I am looking forward to trying.

Thank you, Kai! Just in time for Valentines Day.
Please check out the website Nosh This and order something for yourself or for someone special.

Happy Noshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nomsense is on Facebook!