Friday, December 20, 2013

The Boston cookie Takedown 2013!


The weekend after Thanksgiving, I participated in the Boston Cookie Takedown at The Middle Eat nightclub hosted by Matt Timms! The event turned out a good number of cookie lovers despite the timing just after a face-stuffing holiday. Having two Food Experiments under my belt and one 3rd place prize for my strawberry cake last year, I was excited and prepared to create one delicious cookie for this event! Once again, my incredible and talented baker friend, Natalie teamed up with me on the day of the event. Our cookie creation was inspired by my chocolate almond cocoa cookie which is gluten free, easy to make and one of the most incredibly delicious cookies I have ever made. I added chocolate chips, a nice dollop of caramel in the center of the cookie and then topped them off with drizzled melted milk chocolate! Our Peanut Butter Chocolate Almond Caramel Lava cookie was the only gluten free cookie at the event and scored us 3rd prize with the judges vote! There were many delicious cookie concoctions at the event. My favorites included a caramel stuffed double chocolate cookie and the overall winner, a walnut spiral cookie. A fun time was had by all, and I look forward to the next cooking competition. Hope to see you there!



The Middle East buzzing with cookie lovers!


chocolate

Natalie and I with our cookie setup

I won a food processor!

Photo with Matt Timms

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nomsense is on Facebook!